Friday, January 16, 2004

"Links" is Yesterday's Name

Many of you will have a list of relevant links on your blog. I have one too - and I use it for adding links to sites that I have agreed to swap links with, as I am sure is the same with you. However I recently changed the title of my links list to "Resources" - why did I do this? The reason is simple, Google recently change their algorithms for deciding Page Rank because so many people use link lists to increase their Page Rank, rather than actually beng popular sites. Google is ignoring anything titled as links or other similar words. I am also featuring many of the blogs and sites I have swapped links with in the text of my posts as well, as this will help increase page rank regardless of what Google considers to be link-lists. I encourage you to do the same, and as more and more people realise this, the sites that link to you will do the same.

0 comments:

Post a Comment