Monday, January 19, 2004

Get into Yahoo while you can

I got my blog accepted into the Yahoo Directory late last week. From time of submission, this took just 3 days. I am still waiting for my entry into the ODP, but this entry into the Yahoo Directory is generating 5% of traffic to this blog currently. However as Yahoo begins to develop their own search engine and ditch Google as their search provider this listing should become much more valuable. Submitting to directories is a great way to promote your site and reach new users, and the Yahoo directory is a great place to start. If you haven't submitted yet, I urge you to do so now. They may be changing the way they add entries to their directory in the future, which may no longer be free to submit to, so take advantage now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment