Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Traffic Counters

Now that your blog is on the search engines and directories, you will no doubt want to see how much traffic your blog is getting and where from. The two free counters I recommend (and personally use for my blogs) are the free service at onestat.com (Onestat basic) and extreme tracking. The reason I recommend both and use both simultaneously is that neither give me all I need. onestat.com's stats service provides better accuracy in the number of hits my blogs receive, but does not report on keywords used in search engines that result in a referral to my site. Extreme Tracking does the vice versa of this, and so is extremely useful for tracking keywords on my blogs. In fact once you start analyzing the keywords used to find your site you may find better keywords to use when doing Search Engine optimization work on your blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment